GleeFail. Oh. My. God.
EDITED TO ADD: if you are a random stranger who shows up to basically tell me to lighten up, or if you are on my friendslist and you use the phrases "overly sensitive, easily insulted," or the laughable "PC," I am no longer going to respond to you except globally with this: if you are too stupid to understand the point of cultural criticism, please do not read this post.
If you want to genuinely discuss my points, post away.
I hated the Wheels episode of Glee so, so, SO much.
WOW what a bunch of offensive, inaccurate, feel-good AB liberal bullshit.
For the record:
- When an old folks home has a tag sale, they do NOT have a dozen state-of-the-art rigid lightweight wheelchairs in funky colors to get rid of for nothing. The hardware they had in there, even massively used, would have paid for dozens upon dozens upon quadrillions of bus rides. Old people get piece-of-shit rundown folding chairs that are nearly impossible to push on your own.
- When your sister has Downs? You don't hold her hand as you read her stories in precious, pwecious tears at her pathetic wretched handicapableness. You've known she had Downs your whole life. You're over feeling sorry for her, assuming you ever did, since you're her LITTLE SISTER.
- When you are in a wheelchair and you find out that your love interest has been FAKING HER STUTTER? You are not angry because she's now "normal" and you are "stuck in this chair for the rest of your life." You are angry because she's been playing at what you actually experience. You are angry because half of the world treats you already as if you're faking it, and she really WAS faking it.
- Noble and adorable cripples do not clasp their hands and give an "aw, shucks" look when their AB comrades in wheelchairs say: "This is for YOU," and point at them cheesily.
- Schools that are not fully wheelchair accessible are BREAKING THE LAW. You do not have to give up your bus to pay for handicapped ramps. People do not have to write their own checks. Ramps are not provided out of the goodness of people's hearts. IT. IS. THE. MOTHERFUCKING. LAW.
- And no one is worried about getting sued if they don't hire disabled people. Disablism in hiring practices is rampant and accepted. Threatening someone with the ACLU is a way to get yourself laughed out of the place, not immediately hired in a horrible economic climate.
But I could. At length. Because that list is just the tip of the goddamned iceberg.
NOT ALL MECHANICS HAVE VAGUELY NEW YORK ACCENTS.
And what is up with the gay kid being less public in his gayness to protect his fragile dad? Nobly?
OH THE MOTHERFUCKING NOBILITY THESE CRIPPLES AND GAYS HAVE OH OH OH SO SO NOBLE